When we started the blog back in February, we decided to include something called The Supplier Edit. The idea being that we invite suppliers from all sectors of the wedding industry to answer a list of questions in order to give our readers an informal insight into their business and the service they provide.
Fast forward three months and The Supplier Edit has proven to be such a popular feature that we have now decided to separate out venues. Choosing the right venue is such a key element in any couple’s wedding planning, that we want to really give all venues large and small and in the UK and internationally, the opportunity to showcase what they have to offer.
The venue Edit Explained
We ask all venues the same 14 questions. This may sound like a lot, but we think it’s important to run through the same range of questions a couple would ask in order to establish if a venue is the right fit for their wedding.
We have deliberately not asked for prices as we believe that is an individual thing between yourselves and an engaged couple. At this stage in the planning process we simply want to highlight what a venue has to offer to our readers.
To all those who want to take part in The Venue Edit, and we suspect it will be quite a number, we appreciate that everyone’s answers will be delightfully different, don’t worry how much or little you say, we’ll edit where I need to. The important thing is just to enjoy answering the questions to give our readers an inspiring insight into your unique venue and a reason to contact you for further details.
If you want a little inspiration before you get started, then pop over to the blog: www.girlgetswed.co.uk & take a look at the posts which begin “In Conversation With ……” These are all Supplier Edit posts, which as I mentioned earlier, is a very similar concept to The Venue Edit.
The Venue Edit Questions
Here is the list of questions that we will ask all venues:
- Tell us about your venue
- Do you offer civil marriage and civil partnership ceremonies?
- Do couples & their wedding party have exclusive use of your venue?
- Venue capacity – How many guests can attend the day ceremony, if applicable, wedding breakfast & the evening reception?
- Tell us just a little about any wedding packages you offer
- Do you have in-house catering, or preferred suppliers or are couples free to choose their own caterers?
- Can couples supply their own alcohol for the evening? Is there a corkage fee?
- Are couples completely free to choose their own wedding entertainment & do you have a specific sound system?
- Do you offer accommodation on site? If so, for how many guests?
- Do you have an in-house wedding planner?
- How far in advance can couples or their wedding stylist, florist etc have access to the venue in order to decorate it?
- Do you have gardens or an outdoor area for wedding photographs?
- What’s your best advice to couples when choosing their perfect wedding venue?
- Any finally, what are your favourite moments from previous wedding you’ve been involved with?
The Venue Edit Will Be Free For Venues At This Early Stage
There is no charge for venues who wish to appear in the blog at this early stage. The blog is new & I’m keen to attract a number of venues to get involved. All we ask is that you share ‘your’ post on your social medias, to spread the word, so to speak.
We also have a Girl Gets Wed badge that we would appreciate if you could place on your site with a link back to ours.
What Do You Need To Do To Appear on The Venue Edit?
Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive all the details, or message me via any of our social media channels.
Every wedding wedding venue is unique and we aim to showcase as many venues to our followers as possible. We anticipate this feature will be every bit as popular as The Supplier Edit and we really look forward to hearing from you.