Submit a Wedding
Do you want to see yourself and your wedding on our super popular blog? Brilliant, as we’d love to see your wedding photos and share details of your big day with our readers.
Everyone loves a Real Wedding and sharing your wedding is your opportunity to inspire other brides to be with your unique wedding ideas, and all the details and planning that went into making your big day so special.
By featuring on the blog, you’ll have the perfect platform to showcase your wedding to friends and family who can visit the site whenever they want.
We’d absolutely love to hear from you, so take a look through the guidelines below and send us your details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Things that should make you an instant hit with us:
- Couples having fun, looking relaxed and in love.
- Lovely feature portrait shots.
- Fab colour photography. Black & white photography is brilliant and so atmospheric, but the blog is vibrant and very colour rich so ideally our real weddings photos will reflect this.
- Lots of lush details – statement shots of everything that makes up a wedding; cakes, flowers, table settings, funky wedding favours, unique of transport etc.
- Venue photos – you’ve no doubt spent ages planning the theme and details of your venue, so do show our readers how fabulous it looks.
Things we’re not to keen on
- Images attached to emails are fine, but please, keep the resolution down in your initial submission & just send a few initially. If we accept your wedding, we will ask you to send more images of a higher quality.
We will get back to you as soon as we can, to let you know whether your submission has been accepted or not. If it isn’t, please don’t take it personally! We anticipate that this new feature on the blog will be particularly popular, so we will not be able to feature every single submission.
Please send your submission to: email@example.com
- Please send between 5-10 images, in low resolution (see point 3 below) for your initial submission.
- If your wedding is accepted, we’ll then ask you to send more photos.
- Images should be sent in a low resolution format for your initial submission. This will enable us to sort through initial emails more quickly.
- Do not send zip files initially, our system will delete any emails containing them if you are not yet known to us.
- Once we’ve accepted your initial submission, you’re welcome to submit your photos via Dropbox or WeTransfer, but please send us a direct link to your actual folder rather than emailing an invitation.
Please include the following:
- The couple’s names, date of wedding and location.
- A couple of sentences, highlighting how you think your wedding is a great fit for Girl Gets Wed.
- Note anything that you feel makes your project original and will be of special interest to our readers.
- If you have not personally taken the photos, please get permission from the original photographer before submitting them.
If your wedding is accepted, we will send you a questionnaire with additional questions, so we really get a feel for how your day went. This together with great photos will enable us to write a blog post on your wedding.
Advertising and Marketing
In submitting your wedding to Girl Gets Wed, you give your consent to it potentially being used for advertising and marketing purposes. Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Permission to be featured must be sought from the photographer and the couple. Please ensure that the person(s) submitting the wedding owns the images they send or has obtained permission from the relevant parties to use and submit the images.
In submitting your wedding details and photos to the blog it is assumed that these permissions have been given. You will be formally asked to confirm this if we accept your submission.