Submit a Wedding
If you have recently received your wedding photos and are itching to share them with us on the blog, we would love to hear from you.
Don’t be shy, the blog is totally inclusive and we’re aiming to feature as wide a range of weddings as you care to share with us.
Things we’re really looking out for:
- Happy couples, looking relaxed and in love.
- Lovely feature portrait shots.
- Fab colour photography. Black & white photography is brilliant & so atmospheric, but the blog is vibrant & colour rich so ideally our real weddings photos will reflect this.
- Lots of lush details – statement shots of everything that makes up a wedding; cakes, flowers, table settings, wedding favours, unique of transport etc.
- Interesting venue photos – for example, tipis at a festival weddings, industrial warehouse style interiors at urban chic weddings and anything that makes your wedding unique.
Things we’re not to keen on
- Images attached to emails are fine, but please, keep the resolution down in your initial submission & just send a few initially. If we accept your wedding, we will ask you to send more images of a higher quality.
We will get back to you as soon as we can, whether your submission has been accepted or not. If it isn’t, please don’t take it personally! We anticipate that this new feature on the blog will be particularly popular, so we will not be able to feature every single submission.
Please send your submission via email to: email@example.com
- Please send between 10 – 20 images, in low resolution (see point 3 below) for your initial submission.
- If your wedding is accepted, we’ll then ask you to send the full gallery.
- Images should be sent in a low resolution format for your initial submission. This will enable us to sort through initial emails more quickly.
- You’re welcome to submit your photos via Dropbox, but please send us a direct link to your actual folder rather than emailing an invitation.
- Do not send zip files initially, our system will delete any emails containing them if you are not yet known to us.
- As the blog is so vibrant, please send colour rather than black & white photos.
- A mix of overview photos & detail shots would be appreciated. Lots of shots of the happy couple, plus the photos of the details; the cake, flowers, table settings etc.
Please include the following:
- The couple’s names, date of wedding and location.
- A couple of sentences, or bullet points highlighting how you think your wedding is a great fit for Girl Gets Wed.
- Note anything that you feel makes your project original and will be of special interest to our readers.
- If you have not personally taken the photos, please get permission from the original photographer before submitting them.
If your wedding is accepted, we will send you a questionnaire with additional questions, so we really get a feel for how your day went. This together with great photos will enable us to write a blog post on your wedding.
Advertising and Marketing
In submitting your wedding to Girl Gets Wed, you give your consent to it potentially being used for advertising and marketing purposes. Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Permission to be featured must be sought from the photographer and the couple. Please ensure that the person(s) submitting the wedding owns the images they send or has obtained permission from the relevant parties to use and submit the images.
In submitting your wedding details and photos to the blog it is assumed that these permissions have been given. You will be formally asked to confirm this if we accept your submission.